Thursday, January 17, 2008

Jill

She's a sweet gift from the Lord. It might not be seen that way at times. It's often seen as a struggle, a constant battle, a disappointment. She's 5 years younger than me & she's my sister. She wasn't expected to live....she was called a miracle baby.

Often through our lives we wonder why God allows what He does. I know He could heal her, but He chooses not to. Maybe He's healed her in ways "that are not our ways." I admire my parents...the unconditional love, the patience, the putting aside of self, and the hope...the Hope they have in Christ as to the existence of her in our lives. We might not ever understand and that's ok. We have learned by leaps and bounds because of this sweet girl in our lives and we continue with hearts adored towards the Lord to say, God is good...all the time.

I miss what it would have been like to have a "normal" sister. I miss what it would have been like to have her standing beside me in my wedding. I miss the shopping trips to the mall together. I miss the bond that could have been there. But you know, I love dearly the sister that God gave me. I love the tender, sweet heart she has for the Lord....seeing at times that she should be an example to us all. She knows no different, so to her this is normal. I love the way she loves my family...the way she'll stroke my little son's head.

I am thankful for my sister....I am thankful for my Jill. She's a treasure, a drop of something unexpected that has required this heart to turn upward....for I truly know that in Him she finds great delight and in my heart, is great delight for her as well. I love you my sweet sister Jill....

9 comments:

Jenni S. said...

What a beautiful post and what a treasure she must be for your family!

Alana said...

She sounds like a delightful person! I know she must appreciate having a sister like you!

Kristen said...

What a beautiful post and tribute to your sister!

His Girl said...

absolutely lovely in every way

joy said...

very sweetly said. thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

How touching Earen----and what an honor bestowed on all of you!

Sittintall said...

That was very touching. I'm sure that it was especially difficult growing up without that "normal" life. But to see you've risin beyond that, and are able to see what a treasure she is and how God's hand has been in your family is amazing. You have a big heart Earen, and your posts never cease to amaze me. Thank you.

dawn said...

earen, your words never cease to touch my heart. thanks for always sharing.

Janelle said...

Very tender. Thank you for sharing Jill with us. She sounds beautiful.