Thursday, January 3, 2008

A new reader....


My mama joined the internet world yesterday. After years of protecting her home from the evils of what we all know is there in the internet world, she desired to read my blog and keep in touch with those that communicate on email (that would be me!). She was excited in realizing that she would get more experience in working a computer as well as a confidence in doing so. She realizes the dangers of the internet world, but sees the protection that can also occur and is taking those precautions.

She so often has gotten teased or given the look of "step into the computer age." She knew it would probably be good for her to learn, but she had no desire until recently. As I watched my husband teach her what to do and where to go I was struck by a humbleness of sorts. Here is a heart who only desires the things of the Lord and in her efforts to protect her home flowed forth a depth of purity. Now, there's nothing wrong with the computer per say and I personally find it wonderful, but we all know the dangers and the evil that takes place here, but she choose to detour from its path. What I saw in my mom as she so unknowingly tried her best to learn everything was a pure heart. She hasn't cared what others thought, what they might have said to her...her mind was fixed on Him and what He put on her heart for the time being. It was precious for me to watch. I feel like in this day and age that I need to keep up with technology & all that is occurring in this world, but I have to tell you...I would much rather have the heart I see in her any day over keeping up with this day and age. You see, her heart is simple, pure, and in this area child like...and isn't that what the Lord encourages us to be like? May my heart take example from her. It's not the keeping up that matters...it's the seeking Him that truly covers all.

Oh, and by the way Mama...you're doing a great job and I'm proud of you! Love you.

10 comments:

Alana said...

What a sweet post to honor your Mom!!

BethAnne said...

What a pretty mama you have! I bet she is as sweet as her daughter.

Kristen said...

Yeah for Mom!

Anonymous said...

Welcome Mama!
I just adore your daughter Earen----hope you'll come and visit. It's a great community of friends around this Blog circle. :)

Short Stop said...

Welcome to your Mom! I can tell how much you love her. And, I love this pic! SO precious.

Anonymous said...

thats really cool what you said. And I'm sure that the only reason she wanted it was to be able to talk with you :)!!!! LOL Its kinda wierd that mama finally got the internet!!!

ocean mommy said...

Welcome to Blogland!

What a sweet post. I pray she finds this sisterhood of bloggers as encouraging as I have!

Blessings
steph.

Unknown said...

Thanks everyone for your sweet words. I am glad you enjoy blogging with Earen the Lord has given her the gift of expressing herself with words! She is often sharing with me about your blogs you girls keep growing in the Lord and seeking Him first! And I think my son Abram thinks I am an archive! teehee or as he would say lol. Rejoice that your names are written in the book of Life.

Anonymous said...

Right on, Earen, about your Mama. I say Amen to what you blogged. She is truly a Proverbs 31 woman, desiring only God's best for each one in her family. As her Mom & your Grandma I'm so very proud of each of you & your love for our Lord Jesus Christ. Love, your Grandma

Renee said...

How sweet...what a blessing to have such a pure, Jesus loving mama. Welcome, mama!!