Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Are you ready?

Amidst my excitement with my best friend visiting this past weekend, we got some very sad news. My younger brother has been dating a girl for the past year or so. We have really gotten to know her family well & her parents have always been so kind to us & our boys. I received a call from my mom this past Saturday & her dad went on to be with Jesus after passing away in his sleep. It was unexpected as he was only in his mid-40's, worked out everyday, and a much in shape individual. His wife woke up Saturday morning to find his facial color looked odd only to find that he was dead.

It hit me hard.....it was unexpected....not prepared for....incredibly sorrowful.

Are we ready? Knowing that this could be our last day here on earth. You WILL either go to Heaven or hell. Is your soul ready? The only way to be ready is to accept Christ into your heart as your personal Savior.

Even as tears swell in my eyes at my deep, hearts sorrow...I rejoice, because he was ready & now he's walking down streets of gold with my Lord.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

How very true......
In the backdrop of eternity, our life is but a vapor.
I'll be praying for your brother and his girlfriend. Death has a way of putting things into perspective.

Short Stop said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Short Stop said...

I'm praying for your brother and his girlfriend's family, too. How tragic. Rejoicing with you that her Dad knew His Savior and is dancing in heaven!

Alana said...

I can't imagine that. That is so sad. I'll pray for this family.

Sarah Markley said...

I'm so sorry! That must be hard. Thank you for sharing this tender and sensitive situation. Makes me think that life is so short!

BethAnne said...

It is hard to understand when something like that happens, but what a comfort to know that he is with Jesus -

Renee said...

Ugh. That's hard. I can't imagine losing my husband anytime soon, but I know that it could happen anytime. Life is so short.

Thanks for the reminder that we need to be ready.

I'll be praying for your brother, his girlfriend, and her family, too. It's sad news for us here on earth, but there is rejoicing going on in heaven right now!