Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Mini-Me Wednesday???

Yes, I forgot....so I'm behind, but happy to report that things are progressing in the right direction. Mid week last week I gained a pound & yes, I was disappointed..even cried a bit. But, I got right back up & worked on things again. So, last week I lost all that I had gained along with a few extra tenths of a pound...yes, I said tenths. Hey, in my world they all count! So, I'm down 8 pounds as of yesterday! But, more exciting to me is that I'm meeting every other week with a friends who's educated herself extremely well on nutrition & has been training me on foods in the area of glycemic levels. Did you realize that when you have a carbohydrate for breakfast that you're spiking your sugars levels and set yourself up the rest of the day for carb & sugar cravings? I didn't....so, I've been focusing on protein & fruit for breakfast. I also went to my doctor to have blood taken to see if I have a glutton sensitivity. If I do, what my friend said was that my weight loss journey would be like walking up a mountain in high heels....difficult. So, I'm awaiting those results. Needless to say it has been a productive week & I'm feeling good. Do I always love every moment, no - but I'm giving myself more grace & again working on becoming healthy & having the weight loss become just a huge plus...it's hard to change your mental state regarding that scale!! So, there you have it!!

On a side note...thank you for your comments on my "Taking a Stand" posting. Most of you don't know me real well & honestly I believe in taking a stand on things, but I have a hard time knowing what people are going to think of me & how it's going to affect a relationship...so, I even hesitated in this post because I don't want to offend. But, I appreciated your feedback on things & for listening to what the Lord has put on our hearts.

5 comments:

BethAnne said...

I think 8 pounds is awesome! What kind of protein do you eat for breakfast?? Keep on keepin' on and I promise not to hate you when you are skinny ! :-) hahahahah

BTW, I am with you on halloween. Only because of much protesting do I allow my boys to dress up and then we go to our church's fall festival - we dont even say halloween at our house. I like a girl who can take a stand!

Alana said...

8 lbs!!! Great job, Earen. I'm curious, too. What are you eating for breakfast. I definitely CRAVE carbs.

Kristen said...

WAY TO GO EAREN! That is awesome! I too would like to know what you eat for breakfast. I am a huge carbs person. I have been trying to add more protein the morning because I have heard to keeps blood sugar levels more even throughout the day.

Sittintall said...

8lbs is awesome. You are definitely on your way. Keep up the great work.

Short Stop said...

It's so awesome that you've lost 8lbs, Earen. Such an accomplishment!

Sounds like you've got a good plan! Praying as you take this journey!