Wednesday, October 31, 2007

More info on Mini-Me Wednesday???

I've had several of you ask what I eat for breakfast since I'm trying to stay away from carbs. It's not easy..let me tell you! I'm a carb person for sure...throw in a little chocolate & I'm a happy woman...Oh wait, not any more...yucky, yucky! HA!

Here's what I've had a few times for breakfast:

Apple with 2 TB of Peanut Butter, orange, & a non-fat latte (my treat!) OR

I finely cut up zucchini & onions & saute them in a pan. Then I add 2 eggs & scramble it all together. Finally, I add about 3oz. of cheese & from what I've learned Sharp Cheddar or Swiss are better for you. Sometimes I might have a piece of turkey bacon. I then have my latte & a piece of fruit. NOW, let me tell you...I'm NOT much of an egg person. But, for some reason when I add the veggies & cheese it helps me & then if I have turkey bacon, I'm completely fine.

I've also had mornings in which I'll have salsa or avocado along with this meal.

Thank you for those who asked...I love sharing my new education on all this! It's kind of fascinating to me.

5 comments:

BethAnne said...

Thanks for the info. I am not an egg person at all - hate them unless they are deviled. I can do an apple with peanut butter though. Keep letting us in on what you learn!

Kristen said...

Thanks for the information Earen! I wasn't an egg person until my last pregnancy and then I craved eggs and any type of protein! I also need variety so I like the other ideas as well.

Thanks for your comment on my blog and your encouragement. I appreciate it!

Sarah Markley said...

Sounds way yummy! I like to use egg beaters or egg whites, too!

Renee said...

That sounds really good!

I'm so proud of you Earen...you're doing so well, and you're an inspiration as well.

You're awesome! You can do it!

I'm Tara. said...

Oh, my friend - you are doing so awesome!! I am just so behind you (and I mean in a supportive way) with all of this. God will SURELY bless your efforts.