Thursday, October 25, 2007

A distant sun....

I gazed out the window viewing the beauty of God's creation. Through the sheer curtains and glass I view a distant sun shinning barley through the trees and marvel at the love His grace shows us. Who would have imagined that the God of the universe would create such an amazing sight simply for our pleasure. It's not stressful...it's not rushed...it's not burdensome. It's beauty..it's calm...it's peace. It's a moment to breathe.

There's a calm in His grace...in His love. There's rest in His arms...trust in His Word. It's a knowing that He's always there. All of this shines through His creation & I'm awe struck for a moment as I sit and hold my precious son. Rocking, giving him life enriching food, loving him....gazing through my window.

6 comments:

Alana said...

Hi Earen!

A lot has happened in your life since I was last on the blog!

Congrats on your little guy accepting the Lord. What joy you must feel! I long for that day with my boys!

Also, fabulous job on the weight loss. Way to go!

And, you will get the blogging thing down. At first it becomes a bit of an addiction and eventually it evens out and you find a healthy balance!

Anonymous said...

Isn't God's grace great? Especially after feeling overwhelmed. I'm glad that he has covered you with His love and peace.

I'm Tara. said...

I love the new picture at the top! What a beautiful post...I could just picture you sitting there.

Short Stop said...

God's grace is indeed amazing...love the way you wrote this! :)

Mr. and Mrs. D said...

Thanks for the reminder to slow down and enjoy His grace. I have a million and one things that need to be done right now, but if I look at my list in light of eternity only one or two items will matter.

Be blessed!
Mrs. D

Denise said...

Earen,
Your the winner of the Bebo Norman c.d. Give Away!!
Email me your address asap so I can mail it to you.
jonesidosio@yahoo.com