Wednesday, October 17, 2007

A dream...

The joys, the aches, the constant-ness, the overwhelming, the never-ending, the love....this is the life of a mama. We clean, cook, do laundry, break up fights, spend time with each child alone, have play dates, go to playgrounds, shuttle kids to school, run errands, grocery shop, provide clothing, give baths, give hugs, clean scrapes...show love. How can a dream become so overwhelmingly saturating of everything you've ever been or do? It encompasses everything that is me. There is sacrifice and nothing for self. It's my way of dying each day for my children, just like Christ died for me - His child. Christ left nothing for Himself, so that we would have everything eternally. So, a dream & a struggle go hand in hand. I've dreamt of this moment since I was a little girl & so my dream comes true. In this dream comes a thankfulness and at the same moment, struggle. In this I learn...

I dare not be anywhere else except for right here...I long for right where I'm at. It's my dream...to be a mama and I love it. Never knew self would be sacrificed so and yet all for the love of my child..and I'd do over again in a heartbeat.

8 comments:

Renee said...

This is wonderful, Earen. I love how you said that you give all of yourself, just like Christ gave all of himself for us.

It's hard to remember sometimes in the midst of this sacrifice that I'm living out the dream I've always wanted. Thanks for the reminder!

Renee said...

P.S. The new pictures are great!! The one with your guys on the couch makes me laugh!

Sarah Markley said...

I love this! What a perfect dream. Its mine too! =)

Short Stop said...

Isn't it truly amazing what we're willing to "give up" for our children. It's so intense and fierce!

LOVE the new pics!!!!!

I'm Tara. said...

Wow, Earen. What a beautiful post. I just sat there nodding my head in agreement as I read thinking "yep", "yep", "yep". What I love most about you and the things that you write is how you can see Christ in everything you do. Everything. You see Him behind you, ahead of you, next to you. I see Him IN you.

Anonymous said...

.....I miss my children, my job, my service to my family. It's only an act of service that mom's can understand. It is a good dream, isn't it? And not a nightmare like the world would say to us.

BethAnne said...

Funny how you have kids and finally understand what 'real' love is. Great post only I am freaking out at the picture of your little one with a snake around his neck ---Is that a REAL snake?? Ya know, I am terrified of those things!! :-)

BethAnne said...

PS I just realized that your blog wasnt showing up on my sidebar as a blog I love - and I do love your blog! .........I think I accidentally deleted it when I was 'revamping' the other day.........oops!