Sunday, October 28, 2007

What I know...

Our pastor today posed this question, "What am I doing with what I know?"

I have been a believer in Jesus Christ since I was 4 years old. Christ has always been who I am & is everything I'll ever be. Sometimes in that though there can be a forgetfulness in sharing what I know, what I believe, Who died for me, Who lives eternally in my heart, Whom I'll go Home to be with someday. I was hit with the realization of always remembering to not just share about this life with my children, but to share with them about all Who really matters in this life. It was a good reminder for me. I think for me a better question would be, "Do I continually share what I know of Christ with my children...does everything point them to the cross?"

My pastor continued on to say, "Do what you can with where you're at." So that's what I do.....I put my heart, soul, & everyday passion into doing what I can exactly where the Lord put me...right in my home with my family. God hasn't sent me out into the mission field, he hasn't impressed on my heart to share door to door. He's put souls right in front of me. He's put little hearts in my home eager to grasp the things of the Lord.

So, I ask you this..."What are you doing with Whom you know?" Do you have family that need to know Him, friends that need to know His grace? What's holding you back? What really do you have to lose that wouldn't allow them to gain eternity. When all is said and done I don't think any of us as believers will say, "My fear paid off & I'm sure glad I didn't share Christ with them."

God brought the mission field to me and they are my precious love extended....Caleb, Benjamin, & Levi. The best gift I have to give awaits them and it's up to me to constantly be filling their hearts with Him.

5 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. D said...

Great post. My church is currently participating in a study called GO FISH by Andy Stanley. He is teaching us what it really means to be a fisher of men. What a beautiful thing that you are "fishing" for your sons. How blessed they are to have a Mama who desires to lead them to the greatest Gift ever given!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful mission field the Lord has given to you-----3 wonderful boys! Persevere!

BethAnne said...

it is so hard to remember that everywhere we are is our mission field. we tend to downplay our roles as mothers, but if done for the Lord, what we do now with our kids truly will have an impact on the Kingdom. Thanks for reminding me of that today - --needed it!

Alana said...

I couldn't agree more. Unfortunately sometimes I think I do a VERY poor job of this. I often feel inadequate as if I don't know where to start. Thanks for sharing this reminder!

Renee said...

((((((((((((((((Earen)))))))))

I love this. I needed this reminder today. Thank you, once again, for sharing your heart. You are continually pointing me to the cross, as well. And I love you for that!