Thursday, October 18, 2007

Thank you!


My friend Tara awarded me a fun "Change begins at Home"(look for it on my side bar), blogging award today! Is it silly to have this kiddish feeling inside of being so proud?! I love special awards..you see, a very high love language for me is gifts...this was a gift to me! Thank you Tara...thank you for being a true and loyal friend.

Tara & I met at MOPS. We were at different tables, but I had heard so many wonderful things about "this girl" at another table that the following year the Lord put it on my heart to ask her to be a table leader and in that I would get to know her better, being that I was in charge of finding table leaders for our MOPS group. It was an immediate connection of friendship & sarcasim & I loved it! Our sense of humor is very similar and we just clicked. Our friendship has continued to blossom over the years and I look forward to the rest of our lives as friends.

I am grateful that I had the opportunity to get to know her & that I can now call her friend. She is a delight & a true gift from the Lord. Thank you Tara....thank you for this award, but mostly thank you for walking through this life with me. Thank you for being a wonderful friend!

So, I pass on an award today...I pass on the "You make me smile" award to my new blogging friend, Sarah Markley. I credit her to getting me started in this "industry" (ha!) and everytime I read her blogs my heart smiles at the amazing gift of writing she has & the amazing heart for her family & the Lord that is evident. You write that book Sarah..& I'll be first in line to meet you!!

Friends...such a gift from Above!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw......I've enjoyed getting to know Tara and Sarah through their blogs like I have with you. Congratulations on your award----you deserve it!!

Renee said...

Very sweet. You are a wonderful friend to have, and you and Tara are both blessed to have such good friends in close proximity. I feel honored to call both of you my friends.

You are a blessing, Earen. You really are.

And I agree....Sarah's blog is an inspiration!

BethAnne said...

I totally agree with Tara - I so enjoy reading your blog! You have a great heart and it shows in your writing. I just wish we all lived next door to each other----

Denise said...

I'll be cutting in front of you in line for Sarah's book! But I'll bring you a Marble Mocha Frappachino (that is really fun to say- which is the only reason why I order it).

btw- Your Levi is adorable- I just want to chew on those cheeks!

I'm Tara. said...

You are THE SWEETEST, Earen!! I was so bummed to not see you yesterday at MOPS. :( This was such a treat to read and such a blessing for me. Your friendship is a wonderful gift in my life, and I treasure you, Earen.

And count me in on Sarah's book. I smell a GNO -- dinner and a book signing!! :)

Sarah Markley said...

You are so sweet Earen! I read this post and for some reason I missed your pass along! Thank you!!! =)