Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Thinks in my head...

September 24th, 2007...a very special day in the lives of the our family. Our oldest son Caleb decided to pray & ask Jesus to come into his heart & be his Savior. I don't think there can be a more special & exciting day for a parent as when their child gives their life to Christ. We really had wanted to make sure that he understood all about it before praying & didn't want to force this upon him as it really is a big decision. You might think that 4 is too young to realize what's happening, but that's the age that I prayed with my mama under the kitchen table & I remember it to this day. I was so excited about our son, I think I could have sung it from the roof-tops! And of course he's pretty excited that he'll now get to go to Heaven & be with Jesus someday.

A couple days ago, Caleb came over to me and said, "Mama, can we hear Jesus in our hearts?" Again, how old are you? We proceeded to have a conversation as to how we hear from the Lord and how He speaks to us. I was sharing with him that sometimes I believe that God puts thoughts in our head that we just know are from Him or He speaks to us through His Word and various other ways. Caleb then says, "So, Jesus puts thinks in our head...I've had thinks in my head." Ahh, talk about melting a mom's heart. The simple ways of a child - so sweetly speak to my own heart.

Am I quiet enough to hear His voice in my own life? Here I have a 4 year old who's wondering how to hear from the Lord & so desires it and I'm a 32 year old who knows how to hear from the Lord & yet I haven't taken a moment to be still & listen. My friend Short Stop said it so well yesterday on her blog..."Come Away with Me." It's something I struggle with all the time...taking a moment to be still & come away with Him. Ultimately it's all that really matters...Him. So, today I take a moment to sit still before an awesome God and listen for those "thinks in my head."

8 comments:

Renee said...

Yay!! There was great rejoicing in heaven on the 24th of September. That's awesome!!! (In the biggest sense of the word). That's so fun to hear!

What a great post. What a simple request. 'Come away with me'. Love you!

Renee said...

Yay!! There was great rejoicing in heaven on the 24th of September. That's awesome!!! (In the biggest sense of the word). That's so fun to hear!

What a great post. What a simple request. 'Come away with me'. Love you!

Sittintall said...

How amazing! He does seem young, but you obviously have done a great job in raising him up in Christ, and teaching him some of the basics. I think that is great that he is able to see God's love already. Blessings

Denise said...

Horray for Caleb!
My Noah and Emilie were both 3 when they asked Jesus into their lives.
Oh to enter the kingdom of God like a child, to listen to the "thinks" God has placed in your head.
Ironically i have been thinking about how Noah gave his life to christ, and wanting to post on that.
Maybe i'll double post today (i'm gonna have to link you :-)

btw- Can't wait to worship beside you in glory!
but we'll worship together here via blogging :-)

BethAnne said...

Thinks in our head? That is precious!! When I was five I told my parents that I wanted to ask Jesus in my heart - they talked to me and decided that I was too young. I truly believe that I understood what accepting Jesus meant, but because of my parents decision I didnt actually make a public profession until the age of 14. You guys are great to encourage him in his faith - Jesus said let the little children come unto me!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you shared this exciting news with us!! Tell him he has a Sister in Christ who is rejoicing and praying for him in Japan. Like I tell all my friends Stateside because of the time difference----I've got the night shift!!
What WONDERFUL news!!!

Short Stop said...

AMAZING and just incredible that God works in their hearts at such early ages. What a precious boy! I know your heart must be full, full, full! You are so blessed, Earen!

I'm Tara. said...

Adorable and wonderful. He is precious and I love to think of the angels rejoicing at the news of his decision. What a great Mommy you are!!