Monday, October 15, 2007

Mini-Me Monday

Here's what I know....all the other "mini-me" updates have just been writing about my struggles. Nothing has really changed in my eating or exercise the past few weeks. Like I mentioned in previous blogs, I'm just procrastinating the inevitable change of eating that lies ahead of me.

Today is it...tonight when my husband gets home from work, I will be heading back to LAWL to be re-enrolled & start again. Even bought some vegetables last night at the store because I knew it would be full force tomorrow. So, this is the last day of bad eating habits. I'm not saying that there won't be moments in which I "stumble", but I'm striving towards full renewal in a healthy, eating lifestyle. I'm ready...ok, most of me is ready. There's a lot more cooking & preparing involved in this program. It's not like I can just grab a good salad at McDonalds or something...I have to plan ahead. Here's the odd thing - in planning ahead I find that I'm still thinking about food all the time....is that not a bit ironic? But, I guess since I do think about it all the time, at least I'll be thinking more healthy this time vs. what junk food am I going to have next.

Today I step on that SCALE. Today they pull out the tape measure & measure me up. Today I face the truth...reality.

This is hard...so I thank you all for your support & encouragement you've given me thus far. So, what would you have for your last meal before the change of eating begins?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can do it! It's so difficult making changes, atleast it is for me. Since I have been down here, I have eaten nothing but junk food. I am beginning to get sick of it---that's a start.
I hope you are encouraged along the way----I am so proud of you and Tara!

Alana said...

I understand your struggle. It really is a tough decision. It is a mental and spiritual battle for me.

You can do it, though!

Let's see...last meal...something with gravy and homemade mashed potatoes? And definitely a fabulous dessert!

:-)

Sittintall said...

What a great step in the right direction. I think going to the meeting will be a good thing. I have never done a weight loss program, but anything in groups always helps spur you on. Go girl!

BethAnne said...

Why is weight such a struggle for us all? It seems that we can quit most anything except eating our favorite foods. I know you can do it, girl. You may be one of those girls on the commercials showing before and afters - yay!
It is difficult to face our fears and imperfections, but we all have them (unfortunately) and you are willing to work to change what you don't like about yourself. I think you are very brave to share your thoughts on such a sensitive subject.
I know from your writing that you have a heart for the Lord and your family. I have added you to my prayer list - remember you 'can do all things through Christ who strengthens you'. You sure have a lot of cheerleaders here!

I'm Tara. said...

Go, Earen, go!! Fight, Earen, fight!! Win, Earen, win!! :) There's your you can do it cheer for the week!!

I am just SO with you on it being something to dread at the beginning. I'm so excited that we can encourage each other along the way. I met Jackie at the mall for a walk this morning -- let me know if you'd like a walking date sometime as well. :)

Last meal -- girl - something with tons of cheese and probably mexican food.

Renee said...

You can do it!! And I can't wait to hear the results!

Praying for you...cheering for you...encouraging you...believing in you!!

I'm with Tara on the cheesy mexican food. MMMMMMMMmmm....