Sunday, October 21, 2007

First Snow...


Today was our first snow here in Colorado (other than the mountains.) I woke up thinking it would just be cold & rainy only to discover that we got about 6 inches of snow. The boys couldn't have been more thrilled and were just dying to get out in it and play. The great thing about Colorado though is that mid to end week we'll be back up in the 70's.

Every first snow I think of how Christ's blood covers us white as snow. It's so beautiful as it comes down from the sky, and there's a certain level of peace that overtakes my heart. As we were driving home from church though, it was messy, cold, sloppy, & we got wet. It might be beautiful as it comes down & lays on our yards, but the maneuvering out in it can be tricky. I thought about how sin in our lives can make things messy, cold, sloppy, & sometimes we get completely wet in it and even though the "snow" so to speak washes away the sin, there are still consequences to what we do, say, & even think - but, I'm so glad for forgiveness that covers me white as snow and even though I still might have to deal with some of the yuck of it, there's a freedom in knowing that that first snow will come again......

PS - I've missed all my blogging friends. I'm sorry it has been since Thursday that I've been able to comment on your blogs...it has been a crazy couple days!

6 comments:

Sarah Markley said...

I am partially jealous b/c its about 80 degrees and super windy right now. We are praying (literally) against wildfires. Snow sounds real good right now! Have fun!

Renee said...

I've said it before, I'll say it again. I love reading your thoughts. You have a gift of seeing God in everyday situations, and I love to read about what He's laid on your heart each day.

The analogy between snow and Jesus' blood is great. Because we are whiter than snow when we are washed in His blood. I know this, but don't usually think about it when I see snow. It's so perfect, though. Snow is so pure, so blemish-free, when it first falls.

I hope that you're hanging in there, in the midst of these crazy days!! Love you!

Sittintall said...

6 inches!! Holy Cow! In Michigan here, I was still wearing shorts and a tshirt (which is crazy for October). But I can't say I'm jealous. Snow is not for me. And don't feel guilty about not commenting on people's journals. Your time is very precious, and you need to be in the moment you are in.

Anonymous said...

Wow----I cannot even fathom snow right now! The coldest month in Japan is the month of February. I hibernate in the winter. :)
The analogy was beautiful! I love stopping by, and am always encouraged.

Anonymous said...

Oh, my goodness! SNOW! And I was wearing short sleeves at our fall festival. Wow. I'm ready for some chill in the air, but I'm not so sure about snow! I'm sure y'all had a blast. My kids just hope for one good snow day a year, really... we didn't even get one last year, boo hoo. We're hoping this year will be better, but I'm not holding my breath!

Short Stop said...

WOW...can't believe you got snow! Jack can't wait either!! :)