Monday, September 3, 2007

Happy Birthday!

Today is my 32rd birthday and if you know me at all, you know I LOVE my birthday. My humble thoughts are this...It's a day all about me! Ha! I know, it's terrible - but my childhood excitement arises on this day! I've known the Lord as my Savior and have been a Christ follower for 28 years now and my heart longs for Him. I hope that the Lord looks at my heart and can say that every year I've become more in love with Him.....

May my heart ever long for You....
May my life breathe your love with every breath I take....
May my soul yearn for You with relentless passion....
May my words be like music to your ears....
May my thoughts and actions find closeness to your heart.....
May my desires be yours alone....
May You know that I'm always Yours.......

May my life be an ever testimony to Your unfailing love....
May I always long for a deeper love relationship with You...
May all I do point others to the Cross....
May Your sweet presence saturate my life....
May I always long to be obsessed with loving You....

As my birthday comes again this year, I'm forever grateful to a God who cares so deeply for me...my hurts, my joys, my life....

For without Him, my life would be pointless...yet again this year, I find myself forever changed by His love.

4 comments:

Renee said...

Happy Birthday Earen!

What are you doing on your birthday weekend? Are you being pampered today? I hope that today IS all about the special person that you are, and that you're enjoying your day!!

That's funny...my best friend Jenni- she's the one who was due a day before you, and she just had her 3rd boy, just like you. She just turned 32 on Sunday- the 2nd. I wonder how many other similarities you have!

Thanks for once again sharing your passion for our Lord, and touching our hearts with your sweet spirit!

I'm Tara. said...

Happy Birthday, dear friend!! I hope that you have an "all about you" day. No surprise at all though that your thoughts continue to turn back to the Lord. What an inspiration you are, Earen. I'm so glad you are you!!! Have a special day, sweetie! *smooch*

Sarah Markley said...

Happy Birthday Earen! I hope you had a good time!

Short Stop said...

Happy Belated Birthday! WOW, we do have a lot in common! I turned 32 earlier this year, too! :)

I love your thoughts here. I hope all those things for myself and my relationship with Christ! This was so encouraging to me today! Thank you for sharing! :)