Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Lifting my eyes...

"I raise my eyes toward the mountains. Where will my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth." Psalm 121:1-2

This is my verse for the week and one in which I wrote down on a notecard to recite over & over when it has just been one of those days! Yesterday was one of those days...constant. I know all you moms can relate to the fact that you just get the house cleaned, laundry done, everything looking nice & then it almost immediately starts all over. When I finally had a quiet moment when all the boys were down for naps, I opened what is the life giving Word to me...the Bible. I came across this verse and it immediately resonated in me. I memorized this verse when I was Caleb's age & still remember it to this day.

When I think about all the "big" stuff God has to take care of & all that He's done....the majestic mountains, the mighty ocean, the human life, an entire earth & expanse that He made...and yet He cares the greatest for me and every, tiny detail of my life....every thought, every feeling, every struggle, every joy...He cares. Not only does He care, but He longs to help us and carry us through.

To encourage us all in the every day events of life...no matter how easy, hard, or tiring things get...He is my help and as I keep my eyes lifted towards Him, I see that the majestic and glorious Heavenly Father loves me...in a way that no one ever can and that simply in itself is my help.

6 comments:

Sittintall said...

I just have to say, your faith and resounding praise to the Lord is really refreshing. I honestly think my battle to lose weight would be a lot easier if I took more time in prayer & reading the bible. But so often I forgot to do so, and get frustrated easily (not to mention the fact that I couldn't remember a bible verse worth the life of me). You are a woman of God.

Short Stop said...

Amen!!! I love it that God is in the details...that He does care SO intimately about everything...EVERYTHING we think, feel, struggle with! And yes indeed, His grace will carry us through!

What glorious hope we have every single day! :)

Sarah Markley said...

Hey, I love the notecard thing. I have gotten out of the habit, but I used to write 2 everyday (1 with a verse God was speaking to me about me, another one with a verse God was speaking to me about my husband). I need to start that again. Thank you for reminding me of the comfort that comes in spending time meditating on the Word of God.

I'm Tara. said...

I immediately started singing -- I love that song! You are such an inspiration to me, Earen. I sure am glad you started blogging!! :) You're right - He's mighty in so many ways, great and small -- and it's amazing that the tiniest details of our lives are as big to Him as the mountains.

BethAnne said...

I started singing when I read that verse too. The other day I was reading - I am studying the OT and in Exodus I was reading about the first Passover where it says "When I see the blood I will pass over you". I have read that verse a thousand times, but that time it really hit home to me that when He sees us He sees the blood of Jesus and instead of death He passes over us to give us life........

Renee said...

I have really missed reading your blog this last week, and now I'm reminded of why!

Your faith is an inspiration to me, Earen. Really. Thank you for being the woman of God that you are! Love ya! (And miss you!)