Sunday, September 9, 2007

Seasons....

In Colorado today we are having a change of seasons. It's much, much cooler..so much so that my boys needed jackets when going to church. I love the changing of the seasons. I love the first warm day when we can finally break out the shorts....I love the first hot day when we can go swimming....I love the first cool day when you're tired of the hot weather & you can snuggle up under a warm blanket with a cup of coffee...I love the first snow as it blankets the mountains in all that is majestic. For our state, God made the seasonal changes very visible and I love it!

So many times I've thought about the "change of seasons" in my spiritual walk with the Lord. There are definitely dry times with Him, definitely very fruit-full times with him. You know how it is when you walk outside that first moment the season changes and you feel such a new joy & a deep breath of fresh air. I think that God takes us through seasons in our walk with Him. If I stayed in "winter" all the time, I might find myself getting sick of the cold (which I do!) - in the same way find myself cold to the ways of the Lord. If I stayed in the "hot" all the time, I would keep sweating constantly - and in the same way find myself burnt out when in fact I should be moving on. If I stayed in the "spring or fall" all the time, right in the middle (so to speak) - I might fall into the dreaded fear of being luke warm.

So for me...God changes things up & I'm grateful. He challenges me, molds me, refines me, & is ever in pursuit of my everything. I'm so glad for the seasons because God reveals Himself to me in way that causes me to bloom and that in itself is a whole other season.....


No comments: