Sunday, September 2, 2007

More of You.....

Lord, thank you for the unexpected blessings of joy that come to my heart's door.
When I least expect it and at times get discouraged and wonder...
Am I making a difference for you in the world?
It's then that you do more than I could hope or dream.

Strength comes when I hear a sweet whisper of love from You.
Cherished joy comes when I receive a hug from one of my "little loves."
Encouraged kindness comes when I receive a sweet card from a friend.
Love comes when a kiss from my husband stretches to my lips.
Gratefulness visits when I am again reminded of all You've done for me.

Much to my shame - hidden beneath the layers of me is a woman who
desires the approval and acceptance of man. It's not a desire of noble calling,
but alas one of human.

Sweet reminders come when humble Life speaks truth to my soul.
True contentment comes when your hand of love says, "All you need is Me"
....and I remember that my life and heart belong completely to You....

3 comments:

Sarah Markley said...

Such a sweet and beautiful way to see life on a Sunday afternoon! Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for your kind comment today. I've just spent a few moments here reading yours, and I'll be back for sure.
Not too long ago, I was feeling frustrated. I was struggling with the "spiritual/physical" dichotomies of life! A friend of mine told me, "but Jen, you're doing just what you're supposed to be doing... you're bringing Christ right into the middle of your life." (well, attempting to, anyway! :) ) Sometimes it feels awkward with kids (!), but what she was saying was, "that's normal... keep trying."
And that's what I'm hearing you say in your posts,too...
I can't get enough of that...
Thanks for sharing, it's very nice to "meet" you!
Jen

Renee said...

Ahhhh...my spirit feels refreshed after reading your true and heartfelt words. Thank you for blessing my day with your genuine thoughts! Love ya!