Sunday, September 16, 2007

Mini-Me Monday

Well, as promised....I'm having my "Mini-me Monday" (decided to change the name..thank you Tara!) update as to how my new weight loss adventure is coming along. Does purchasing 3 1/2gallons of ice cream this week count as "doing well?" Ok, don't worry...I didn't eat it all..they were just on sale..come on..on sale!! Let's just say it WASN'T a mini-me week..more like massive me week...disaster!! Ok, all truth is really coming out now! Before I got pregnant with my 3rd, I lost 32lbs on LA Weight Loss. Since the Lord allowed us to get pregnant again, I had to stop going to LAWL. I can officially go back & continue what I had paid for when I'm not Levi's sole form of nourishment. Seeing as I will start him on a little cereal in a couple weeks, here's what I realized.....I'M GETTING IT ALL IN NOW!! Once I go back, my junk food is all gone, out of here,as-ta la vista baby! So, instead of being so disciplined & working hard now, my mental thinking takes me to a place where I better load up now before I have to quit! Terrible I know..you can say it! I did exercise once though...progress!

So, here's what I discovered yet again...food has much more of a hold on me than I think & I'm convinced it's a spiritual battle! As I've talked about in so many of my blogs, I don't want to give it up & yet I have to...it's a must for me...I need to value more this life & the body the Lord gave me. No excuses anymore...Every last pound is my own fault & every last pound coming off will be only with the help of the Lord. Selfish desires have to die!

My friend Tara "Never a Dull Moment" gave me a great Bible verse the other day & I've been holding onto this. Hebrews 12:11 "No discipline is enjoyable while it is happening - it is painful. But afterward there will be a quiet harvest of right living for those who are trained in His way." So, here's my plan of action...every meal, every snack, every time I'm faced with food...I'm going to say this verse over & over in my mind until I make the healthy & right decision....replacing the Word of God with my own desires.

So, I start again! Here I go....

6 comments:

Denise said...

First, thank you so much for your sweet encouragement at my blog.
I have enjoyed reading your blog.
What a beautiful heart you have.
I appreciate how real you are.
We all have our battles. And this post speaks to more than just a struggle with food, but to each of our struggles, what ever they may be.
To giving our selves grace,and starting over today (each day). To fighting them with Truth.

Renee said...

It is an incredibly difficult struggle, that's for sure!! I was doing well on WW before the move, and had lost over 10 lbs. Since the move, I've lost all discipline, and eat whatever sounds good. A donut from Quality Dairy? I haven't had one in FOREVER!! Greasy pizza from Falsetta's? MMMMmmmmmmm...it's been so long...let's get 2! Oohh...and we haven't had Mancino's since we moved to CO...we better go there! (You get the picture).

Every day I think "I'm going to eat well today", and every day I'm reminded of what a fleshly struggle it is. I'm becoming convinced that losing weight (for me) will not be possible without tremendous prayer and effort.

So...I'll be on this journey with you. And I can feel your pain! If only it were easy....

Thanks for being so honest, even when it's not what you may have wanted to admit. :) Love ya!

I'm Tara. said...

I feel ya, sister. We can do this. YOU can do this!!! I'm with ya on the not so great eating start. Love you!!!! So glad to be fighting the fight shoulder to shoulder with ya!!!

Sittintall said...

Good for you for getting back on the bandwagon this week. It is hard to lose weight, especially when breast feeding a little one. I know for me, during this fall/entering holiday season - recipe books show the most enticing dishes, and it's hard for me not to try them. I just finished a milky way bar before reading your blog, so tomorrow I will be reciting the same verse as I plug along. God bless.

Sarah Markley said...

Way to go, Mini-Earen...for your honesty and enthusiasm. I know you can do it (as can Mini-Tara and Mini-Renee)...Keep it up, and hold on to that verse (what a good one!). Its a new week and every day is a new day!

Short Stop said...

I think what you've learned this week has SO much value, and even more so than if you had lost any weight! It's so awesome to see how you took this week, and let God's word permeate your heart so that your future goals will be guided by Him! That is so very admirable, and a huge step on your journey!!

What a great verse for every struggle with discipline. I'm so glad to be here rooting and praying for you! :)