Saturday, September 15, 2007

Integrity....

Integrity to me means, doing the right & Godly thing when no one else is looking......

How many times do I say one thing & do another...."No kids, we don't eat cookies for breakfast!"...as I'm eating one the very next moment when they're in the other room.

How often do I do this in my walk with the Lord? The Lord has recently convicted me of this very strongly. Being so passionate about the desire of being set apart from the world and being called to a higher standard as a believer & then find myself enjoying a TV show that I know probably wouldn't be pleasing the Lord.

Saying one thing and doing another.....How can I be set apart from this world, and set a higher standard in my life if I'm not seeking His heart's desires for me in every area of my life & being obedient even when it's a harder decisions, not just being strong in the convictions that come easier for me.

Self indulged inner rights - wanting my way because I'm enjoying it for the moment, only to realize that truly the only way to fall away from Him is to give in to self...and again I'm a never ending vessel needing His refinement because I desire to ever be His.

Lord, break me of self so that I'm stripped of all that is me so that all that's left is You.

3 comments:

Short Stop said...

Boy, this struggle is one I face everyday, too. For me, I really struggle with wanting my own way, and also wanting Christ to take my heart for His own. Amazingly, I find the more I struggle, the greater His grace. The more I seek Him after I fail, the more in love I fall with Him for His precious forgiveness.

I'm so thankful for this promise: "In our weakness, His strength is made perfect!" I'm cheering you on, friend, and walking this same path along with you!

BethAnne said...

I struggle with this as well. Sometimes I think that I do things for other people much more than I do them for Christ. I want Him to fill me so that I can only see Him and not my own selfish desires. It is a daily struggle to die to self - more like a minute to minute struggle.

Renee said...

I think this is something that we will be dealing with until we're with our Father in heaven. (At least I will). My spirit longs to please Him, but my flesh just wants to please itself. How precious is His grace, though! Since He was human, He understands.

Your struggles are mine as well, friend! Love you!